COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are three categories of personal information collected by our system when you access the Gerfin platform.
1. AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFERRED INFORMATION SENT FROM YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE
This information is routinely collected by most any website you visit and may include:
- Your IP address and location
- Information about the device such as device type, operating system, network information
*We do not knowingly collect this information from any user under 18 years of age.
2. PERSONAL CONTACT AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION WILLINGLY PROVIDED
This information is limited to what the user personally enters into the system when opening or updating an account and may include:
- Contact Information such as name, address, phone, email, Telegram or other messenger addresses
- Financial information such as bank account, transfer or routing numbers
- Drivers license number or State-issued Identification Card number as part of our KYC control.
This information is required in order to open an account and deposit or withdraw funds as well as for account verification and fraud prevention. Users who sign up for the Gerfin exchange in addition to using the wallet may be required to enter more information for account verification purposes. This may include a copy of a Government issue ID. In such cases we may also seek out information from third parties such as credit bureaus or banks. Some users may choose to provide us with personal information such as social media accounts like Telegram in order to link accounts or verify personal information. Sharing such information constitutes consent to allow Gerfin to store this information in your account. It does not give us the ability or right to share that information with any third party or to post on or use your social media account in any way.
3. INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TRANSACTIONS AND WEBSITE ACTIVITIES
All of your account activity is logged in the system. This includes your pending and past transactions, currency balances, withdrawals and deposits. This is to protect your account as well as other Gerfin account holders from fraud as well as malicious software and security breaches such as by spyware or other malware that may cause harm to you or other Gerfin users.
STORING AND PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
USING YOUR INFORMATION
The information we collect is primarily intended to facilitate account access and provide smooth functionality of the site and its features. The ways in which we make use of the information may include:
- To provide site functions and customer service
- To troubleshoot technical problems and provide support
- To process transactions and exchanges as well as notify you of such transactions
- To collect fees and facilitate withdrawals and deposits
- To measure the effectiveness of our design, layout, and site functionality
- To provide targeted services, marketing, and offers specific to your site uses and interests
- To verify your identity where required
Gerfin.eu will not make use of your personal information in any way other than the above listed purposes except with your expressed permission. We may request such permission in rare instances where, for instance, sharing your information may improve our services or facilitate joint services. You will always be given the chance to accept or decline the sharing of your information in this way.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
USING YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING
Gerfin.eu does not for any reason share or sell our clients’ personal information to any third parties for the purpose of marketing. All contact that we make with our clients is related to your account and notifications relating to transactions or other changes. Any communication that we make that is for marketing or not related specifically to your account will come with an unsubscribe option included. You will always be able to opt out of any type of communication from us, except for specific account notifications.
- Recognize you as a Gerfin user
- Collect basic information about your computer, device, and browser in order to prevent security breaches and improve functionality of the website
MAKING UPDATES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can update or remove any of the information stored in our system by contacting us at help.gerfin.eu . If you decide to close your Gerfin account, the information contained in it will be automatically moved to a separate database and marked as closed. As detailed above, we will keep your information in our database for a period of time as required by law for fraud protection. This measure allows us to ensure that a user suspected of fraud cannot simply close their account and open another one to avoid detection. Upon closure of your account, the use of and access to your information is limited to fraud protection. Gerfin will not share it with any third parties with the exception of law enforcement if required for investigations of fraud or financial crimes.